What about Donor Manager for the Mac?

Here are the most frequently asked questions about the Donor Manager. You might even find a few answers !

jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

What about Donor Manager for the Mac?

Post by jmuehleisen »

The Donor Manager works quite well on a Mac running Virtual PC.

There are no plans (at the present) for developing a native Mac version of the program. Sorry.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation
rschley

Re: What about Donor Manager for the Mac?

Post by rschley »

The Donor Manager works quite well on a Mac running Virtual PC.

There are no plans (at the present) for developing a native Mac version of the program. Sorry.

Do you have any feedback regarding different versions of Donor Manager, Max OS, and/or Virtual PC? Has anyone had any issues with any of the different versions or releases?

I am looking to purchase Virtual PC and Donor Manager is one of the reasons for this. I have a G4 350 running 10.2.8 with 576M ram. I'm looking for any feedback.

Thanks,
rschley
jmuehleisen
Site Admin

DM on the Mac

Post by jmuehleisen »

I don't have any Mac specific recommendations, but perhaps our other Mac users could chime in...

Recommendations anyone ?
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation
ordinary
Type the middle number, please (202): 302

Re: DM on the Mac

Post by ordinary »

jmuehleisen wrote:I don't have any Mac specific recommendations, but perhaps our other Mac users could chime in...

Recommendations anyone ?
I'm running DM on VMWare Fusion beta 3 with no problems on my mac. 2ghz dual proc (intel) and it runs great. Better yet would be a native mac DM, but so would a world with no corruption.
Never give up!
ordinary

No DM on the Mac, anyone done anything with Bento?

Post by ordinary »

I'm just curious if anyone has installed Bento on their Mac and ported their CSV file from DM?

If so, please post your results (and even your DB file?)

Marty
Never give up!
joel.sewell

Parallel PC

Post by joel.sewell »

Has anyone run Donor Manager using Parallel PC on a mac?
Joel Sewell
ncsu1982

VirtualBox

Post by ncsu1982 »

For those Mac users who would like to have run Donor Manager, I highly recommend Virtual Box. The software has recently been released for FREE on MacOSX. I've used parallels before and was very happy with it, but have no complaints with virtualbox. You can't beat the price!

http://virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads
jtyson

Post by jtyson »

So obviously DM can run on Macs.... but using simple language, how do I make it work?
Mal

Post by Mal »

I just installed Donor Manager on my Mac using Wine, and it's working really well so far. CrossOver for Mac would be the commercial version for those that would like support available. I'm still working on getting everything set up, but it's running well.

jW
TeDiHolz

Post by TeDiHolz »

I am running DM on my MacBook with Parallels 6.0 and WinXP.

Because my wife has a WinVista Dell machine, we need to be able to share the data across machines and platforms. She has been getting our database cleaned up on her machine. Now it is time for us both to be able to work on it.

Rather than doing some fancy shared network thing, I followed the tip in the "how to share Donor Manager data between 2 computers" thread, about setting up for working off a USB stick. It works great.

The STEPS:

- Copy the \donor5 directory from the Dell \Program Files directory to the USB stick root directory
- Make copies the four VFP6*.* files from the \system 32 subfolder of windows and put them into the same folder of the virtual Windows on the Mac.
- Create shortcuts in the taskbars of each machine that point to the USB stick: Target E:\donor5\donor.EXE and Start in: E:\donor5 (on hers the stick becomes F:\)
- Do a full backup on the Dell its desktop, then launch DM on the USB and restore to that USB installation (while it was still plugged into the Dell).

It might become a minor inconvenience that we cannot both be working simultaneously off the same data set, but this will still work great for our needs!

Blessings,
Ted Holzmann
(TEAM, Germany)
Melmac

Post by Melmac »

Can you pack n go from a PC to Mac? If so, please explain how. Thanks!

Melinda =0)