Church tracking

Post your ideas here on new features you would like to see included in future versions of the Donor Manager.
Caryl

Church tracking

Post by Caryl »

I appreciate your software very much and I'm busy setting up my partners etc. I converted from WordPerfect to Excel right into the software. I am going to be reducing down from so many Excel & WP files to mostly this! Yea!

I'm stuck with how to set up my churches. I usually address it to the Pastor, but it appears that you just have the option for putting in the church name and no where for the Pastor's Name to be addressed appropriately. Name two comes below, and I wouldn't want to pull that for mailing labels. If I put it in Address 2, their name would be below the church name also. The church is my partner in some cases and in others I'm working on church partnership and developing a relationship with the Pastor. I want him to get the mail.

RDMA (Resource Development Ministry Application) software, where I was using it for tracking gifts has an interresting toggle. If you click its individual/family button, the screen give you first name, last name etc.

If you click church, the screen asks Church Name, address and below it asks for the Pastor's Name, phone, email, and Other Name, title, phone, and email. I never tried to merge for labels with it, as I only had donors in there. Your software is far more advanced but this toggle feature was nice.

Any suggestions would be helpful on how to handle, I know I combine here but it's all the same topic area.

I would also love to see a place for web address in partner area. Many churches have one and other missionaries do too.
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

more church info

Post by jmuehleisen »

For churches, you can set up the addreses in several ways. The key thing is to figure out how you want the info to appear on an envelope or mailing label.

Personally, I like to have an entry for the church, and another for the pastor. That way, if the pastor moves, I move with him to his / her new church.

There is a place for websites on the partner details screen. And beginning with version 5.25 there is room for unlimited email addresses and unlimited web addresses.

Also new in 5.25: some of the labels on the partner info tab change for churches to be a bit more useful. For example, "Family Info" becomes "Pastor Info", etc. These can be customized by the user.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation