manual entry of gifts given before 1990

A place for discussion on how to use the program more effectively

djklord
Type the middle number, please (202): 302

manual entry of gifts given before 1990

Post by djklord »

I've been moving into Donor Manager lately. I've imported all my Wycliffe electronic giving reports (back to 2002), and now am about to manually enter the remaining giving data.

It seems, though, that the program will only accept giving data back to 1990. Is there a way to enter giving information for gifts given before that time? and if so, would the "first gift" info in the Donor Details show that earlier-than-1990 date?
Dan Lord
Wycliffe Bible Translators
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Post by jmuehleisen »

Dan,

You are correct. The program won't allow you to enter contributions manually for dates before 1990.

However, that was just an arbitrary date that I chose and it could be easily modified for the next update. (I mean, it will take me about 10 seconds to make this change ... super easy).

And, I'll do that.

Now, having said that, I'm not sure 18 year old giving data is particularly relevant to support development today, but is is handy to see the history of those who have been with you a long time.

I can hear the conversation: "Sue and Bill, do you realize you guys have been supporting us since June of 1982. What an incredible contribution you have made to the ministry in Timbuktu. Wow!"

Anyway, I'll update that in the next version, so hang on to those really old reports for that one.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation
djklord
Type the middle number, please (202): 302

gratitude

Post by djklord »

Thank you once again, John, for your willingness to adjust the program for my needs. I don't know if any or many others will use this capability, but I will definitely appreciate it.
Dan Lord
Wycliffe Bible Translators