Giving History/Edit Giving

Here are the most frequently asked questions about the Donor Manager. You might even find a few answers !

obdcobx
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Giving History/Edit Giving

Post by obdcobx »

Is there a way to record but keep seperate two donations for two different things in one month? For example a donor gave their usual monthly donation in October but then also contributed to our annual banquet. If I try to add it just adds them to one total for the month of October. If I go to Giving Details it lumps the whole amount given in October under that one catagory. Any advice?
By the way, just started using this program and it was truly an answer to a prayer. It is exactly what I needed and exceeds my expectations!
jmuehleisen
Site Admin

Re: Giving History/Edit Giving

Post by jmuehleisen »

In the month by month giving "grid" you can't break it down there ... that's just a summary of all that was given in that month for all purposes.

But on the "giving detail" page you should see each gift listed separately (now this actually depends to some degree on how your organization provides gift info).

If there are 2 gifts listed you can edit the "purpose" or "motive" of the gift in that grid to distinguish the annual banquet gift.

Now, as I said, with some organizations, all gifts get "lumped together" into a single gift when imported. What organization are you with?

Oh, and you can always edit the gifts manually to break them out into the 2 gifts if need be.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation
obdcobx

Post by obdcobx »

Thank you, so obvious once you gave me some direction. I appreciate the help. Again, great program. My organization is called Outer Banks Dare Challenge, we are Christ centered ministry that works with those addicted to drugs and alcohol. We are 100% supported by donations, most of them regular supporters and as the Lord has blessed us, it has made keeping track more difficult. Donor Manager is truly a blessing to us!
jmuehleisen
Site Admin

Post by jmuehleisen »

Great. I'm glad you got it worked out and glad that you are finding the program helpful.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation