Where does the Donor Manager install its files ?

Here are the most frequently asked questions about the Donor Manager. You might even find a few answers !

jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Where does the Donor Manager install its files ?

Post by jmuehleisen »

If you follow the normal installation, the Donor Manager installs the program in the c:\donor5 folder, and the data files in the c:\donor5\data folder.

There is the possibility that future versions will allow more flexibility in these locations. If you are interested in this feature, please let me know!

Each time the program exits, it makes a copy of it's data files in the "Donor Manager Backup" folder of "My Documents", and it makes a copy of the most used fields from your mailing list in Excel format in the main "My Documents" folder under the name "PartnerNames.xls". This makes a great data source for a mail merge.

Each of these backup options can be changed from the /Tools /Personalize page.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

DM 5.36 changes the default file locations

Post by jmuehleisen »

Beginning with Donor Manager 5.36, the program changes it's default file locations.

The new default installation folder is c:\Program Files\Donor Manager\donor.exe.

The data is in a folder under that called "data."

The Donor Manager also makes a backup copy of its data files in the "My Documents" folder, for those of you who backup that folder regularly.

We all do that, now don't we !

And, the program also makes a copy of most of the partner information as an Excel file in the My Documents folder as well.

The names and folders of these backups can be customized in the "Personalize" section of the program.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation