Possible to link/unlink DM to multiple databases?

Here are the most frequently asked questions about the Donor Manager. You might even find a few answers !

Jerry Crosby
Type the middle number, please (202): 302

Possible to link/unlink DM to multiple databases?

Post by Jerry Crosby »

I work in the home office and several of our field staff use DM. Occasionally they want me to work on their mailing list in DM. How can I disconnect or unlink DM from one mailing list file and then link it to another, and back and forth?

Similiarly, how to I restart with a blank database, so I can import someone's mailing list (maybe from Outlook, etc.) and get them up and going? I just want to have one copy of the DM program on my computer.

Thanks in advance.

Jerry Crosby
InterAct Ministries
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Post by jmuehleisen »

Hi Jerry,

I saw your other message on this and replied here: http://www.donormanager.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=364

But, let me say for those who may be reading this thread, adding the ability to handle multiple databases is a key feature request that should show up fairly early in the Donor Manager 6 series, which I'm working on these days.

Otherwise, I use the "Pack and Go" for temporarily shuffling data files in and out of the DM.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation