Search by Pastor info / family info?

Here are the most frequently asked questions about the Donor Manager. You might even find a few answers !

ncsu1982

Search by Pastor info / family info?

Post by ncsu1982 »

Hey everyone,
We store our pastor name in the pastor info blank, which seems very handy when using the program. However, I don't know of any way to look up a record by this field. For instance when a pastor I contacted months ago from a small town calls and says "this is pastor fillintheblank" I can't pull up the church by this info.

I've tried exporting data many different ways, but this field doesn't seem to get exported either. Any ideas?

For now it's a lookup on ag.org... which works as long as we have internet.

Thanks!
RandyWBT
Type the middle number, please (202): 302

Re: Search by Pastor info / family info?

Post by RandyWBT »

ncsu1982 wrote:Hey everyone,
We store our pastor name in the pastor info blank, which seems very handy when using the program. However, I don't know of any way to look up a record by this field. For instance when a pastor I contacted months ago from a small town calls and says "this is pastor fillintheblank" I can't pull up the church by this info.

I've tried exporting data many different ways, but this field doesn't seem to get exported either. Any ideas?

For now it's a lookup on ag.org... which works as long as we have internet.

Thanks!
You can't search a specific field. But you can search for text in all fields by preceding the text with a period. For example, to look for Pastor Bill key in the following (without the surrounding quotes) in the Find field:

".Pastor Bill"

If this is found in more than one record, all the records will show up in the list. Just select the right record from the list. Use specific enough data to make it as unique as possible.

Hope this helps.
Randy
ncsu1982

Post by ncsu1982 »

That information is extremely helpful. Thanks so much, Randy!