Reverse User-Defined Checkbox

Here are the most frequently asked questions about the Donor Manager. You might even find a few answers !

chrisleake
Type the middle number, please (202): 302

Reverse User-Defined Checkbox

Post by chrisleake »

I have one user defined checkbox that I need to reverse for all records. In other words, for every record that the box is checked I need to uncheck it, and for every record that it's unchecked I need to check it. I have over 3,000 records, so that could get kind of time consuming do do manually. Is there some way to get it done without manually changing it on every record?

Thanks!
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

reversing a user defined checkbox

Post by jmuehleisen »

There is indeed a fairly easy way to do this.

This feature is not built into the Donor Manager itself but you can do it using the "VFP Command Prompt" that installs with the Donor Manager.

Here's the process.

First of all, make a backup of your Donor Manager data just in case something goes wrong. I recommend using the "Pack and Go" feature for this. It's quick and very easy.

Next, make a note of which field you want to change. The "User Definable Lists (1-10) are stored in data fields called "flag1 - flag10" in the donor master file.

So, if the field you want to change is in User List 7, you will want to change "flag7."

Now, quit the Donor Manager.

On your "Start" menu, you should find /Start /All Programs /Donor Manager /VFP Command Prompt"

When you start this, you will just get a little box on your screen.

Enter the following commands, pressing <Enter> after each line. You will need to adjust the "flag7" as appropriate.

Code: Select all

set path to data
use donor
replace all flag7 with not flag7
quit
That ought to do it for you.

Now, fire up the Donor Manager and you should see all of the User List 7 (flag7) reversed from the position they were before.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any additional questions.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation
chrisleake
Type the middle number, please (202): 302

Post by chrisleake »

Fantastic, thanks so much! Worked beautifully!
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

reversing user defined checkboxes

Post by jmuehleisen »

Great.

As that famous philosopher Hannibal Smith once said, "I love it when a plan comes together."
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation