Importing a second excel file

Here are the most frequently asked questions about the Donor Manager. You might even find a few answers !

carol_schatz

Importing a second excel file

Post by carol_schatz »

Before I started with DM I had 2 Excel spreadsheets -- one with donors and one with our entire mailing list. I imported the donor list and have been working with it. Now I would like to add the rest of our contacts. I thought I could just import the information from the spreadsheet much like importing a new month of gifts, but maybe that isn't possible. The Tools menu doesn't even seem to have Import listed anymore. Did that disappear when I imported the first Excel file? Is there a way to get the rest of the our contacts out of Excel and into DM?
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Post by jmuehleisen »

Carol,

Sorry you are running into problems.

The "Import from Excel" option is still there... it's up on the "pull down" menus at the very, very top of your screen (/File /Edit /Reports /Tools).

It's a bit confusing because there are two places where there are "tools" menus.

Now, when you import a second set of names from Excel into the Donor Manager, the DM will ask you if you want to ADD the new names to the mailing list, or REPLACE the names on the mailing list with these new names.

Be sure you make the right choice! In your case, you want to ADD these names to the mailing list.

I hope that helps.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation