Using regions

Here are the most frequently asked questions about the Donor Manager. You might even find a few answers !

carol_schatz

Using regions

Post by carol_schatz »

I'm pleased to see a screen where you can divide the country into regions. But I can't figure out what happens next. Where on the partners list is the region code indicated? And how can I generate a report of people by region?
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

using regions

Post by jmuehleisen »

Well, on the partners list, it doesn't show the region anywhere. The program figures out the region based on the state name (or the country name).

Now, at this point, there is not a "partners by region" report as such. There is a "giving analysis by region" ( /reports /giving analysis /regional giving analysis), but it is just a summary report.

What would you like to see in terms of details here? Let me know what you have in mind and I'll see what I can come up with.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation
carol_schatz

Regions

Post by carol_schatz »

I'm looking for an easy way to plan a partnership development trip. I think it would be helpful to be able to define a region (temporarily) as "GA, SC, and NC" or whatever states I wanted to go to, and then print out a report of all the donors who live in those States. Okay, do you want to know my ultimate wish? I'd like to see a map of the region, linked to that list of donors, with a dot on the map locating each donor. Then I could plan a trip following the dots. Or better yet, maybe I could even hover my cursor over the map and the donor's name/address would show on the screen. Maybe such a thing already exists outside of DM and you could just point me to it? Thanks much!
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Regions

Post by jmuehleisen »

Carol,

We can get you part way to what you want!

You can easily set up an "advanced filter" for various reports, and can set it to be partners in particular states.

Then, you can print various reports with that filter in place. I do it all the time, and it works great.

Take a look at the "Advanced Filter" tab on the reports screen.

Now, the map idea is a great one! I've often wondered what it would take to do exactly that myself! I know that some companies offer software that do just that (and could tap into the DM database), but how to integrate it into the DM program at an affordable cost ... well, that would be the challenge!
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation