email bounces

Here are the most frequently asked questions about the Donor Manager. You might even find a few answers !

Craig-DM
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

email bounces

Post by Craig-DM »

Every time I sent out my newsletter, some email addresses bounce back as invalid. If I have the email address of the donor, how to I find the entry? I know there is a way. Thanks
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Re: email bounces

Post by jmuehleisen »

There is indeed an easy way to find these email addresses.

In the Donor Manager, when you put something in the "search / find" box, it searched by last name.

But, if you put a period (.) in front of the search phrase, this causes the DM to do a search on all data fields, not just the last name.

Do, for example, if you put .john@donormanager.com into the search box, it will look in all data fields for that info, including the email address.

So, if you have someone with an email address of "bigbubba@gmail.com" ... put that in the search box with a period / dot / . in front of it and it should find it.

This is also useful if you remember that some partner's wife's name is "Sue" .. but you can't remember their last name.

Just enter .sue in the search box (it ignores case) and it will give you all partners that have the letters "sue" anywhere in the record.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation