imporing wycliffe statements

Here are the most frequently asked questions about the Donor Manager. You might even find a few answers !

jim_albright

imporing wycliffe statements

Post by jim_albright »

How do I import my wycliffe statement? I was told it was possible but I don't see how.

Thanks
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

importing from statements

Post by jmuehleisen »

Hi Jim,

It is indeed possible to import from your giving statmeents.

Here's how.

First of all, save your RTF / HTML file in some folder where you will remember where it is. You probably already have some place where you consistently put these on your computer. For me, I put them in /My Documents /Giving Statements, but you can put them wherever you want.

The next step is to fire up the Donor Manager, then click on "Record Contributions" (under Giving). This will take you to a screen with several "tabs" across the top of it. Be sure you are looking at the tab titled "Import Giving Information."

On this page you first select your organization from the "drop down" box. You will choose "WBT RTF" or "WBT HTML" or whatever (as appropriate).

Then click the <Select File to Process> button, and navigate over to where you have saved your contributions report file. Choose one of those files, and then the program will walk you through the process of adding new partners, matching contributions to existing partners as necessary, and doing address updates if you want.

The last step is to then "post" the contributions to the Donor Manager giving history, and you are basically done!

The first few times through it will take a little while, but you'll get the hang of it.

I hope that helps! Feel free to ask any questions you might have.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation