Adding sort columns

This forum is for general discussion on support development topics rather than Donor Manager software specific issues.
micahd15
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Adding sort columns

Post by micahd15 »

I hope I'm not crazy, but I've scoured this forum looking for info on how to simply add different sort fields/columns to the ministry partners "normal view" list. You see, It shows the "Name" Field (titled "Donor Name" on the list), but not the "Name 2" field. This is where I put the spouse's name- I'd like to see that as a sort column as well.

I'd like to see several more fields and be able to omit other unused fields on this screen. Surely there is some way to do this that I am missing...

I hope you understand my issue- if not, I'd be glad to go into more detail.

Thanks!
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Re: Adding sort columns

Post by jmuehleisen »

I don't think you are missing anything.

The current version of the DM does not allow you to customize which columns appear on its lists.

But, I'm always happy to receive suggestions on what would be useful to you.

One caution, though: I would be careful about putting a spouse name in the "Name 2" column. That's not what it's really for (there is a "family info" field for that).

Here's why: When doing labels and envelopes, the "Name 2" is show under "Name" (by default ... it can be changed in envelopes).

So, it's really intended for something like this:

name: First Church of that Whatever
name 2: True Blue Believers Sunday School Class

That kind of a thing.

Now, you don't have to do it the way I suggest ... it's just something to keep in mind.

Anyway, back to the "I'd like to customize the columns" issue.

I'm not sure I can make this customizable easily (it's not build into the "grids" ... it would have to be "hand" coded).

But, I'm open to ideas.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation